A security feature called Amazon Web Application Firewall (WAF) helps shield applications from web-based threats. The WAF keeps track of unusual bot traffic, manages it, and guards against common attack vectors like SQL injection and cross-site scripting. You can also keep track of HTTP and HTTPS requests made to an application load balancer, Amazon CloudFront, or the API for Amazon API Gateway. If you are here to know What is AWS WAF, and What is the Process of AWS WAF? Join FITA Academy for the best AWS Training In Chennai with a hands-on project for practical sessions to develop your skills technically.
- You can manage your content using Amazon WAF and the IP address from which the request is coming.
- Rules, rule groups, and access control lists (ACL) are the three components that make Amazon WAF function.
- Web ACL Capacity Units (WCU) are managed by Amazon WAF for rules, rule groups, and Web ACLs.
- You can utilise the full-featured API that comes with Amazon WAF to automate the development, deployment, and maintenance of security rules.
Common Web Attacks
Maybe the most frequent attack is this one. Attackers saturate the application by flooding web servers with queries. This attack involves multiple unique IP addresses or machines, and thousands of hosts that have been compromised with malware. This slows down usage and materially lowers brand value.
Your SQL database could be destroyed by SQL injection, a procedure that involves injecting code. Your web apps could be the target of fraudulent SQL queries from attackers. Join FITA Academy for the best AWS Online Training to develop technical skills with the help of trainers.
An attacker can run or insert malicious scripts, typically in the form of browser-side scripts, if your application is cross-site scripting susceptible. These scripts have the ability to modify HTML page content.
AWS WAF Features
Establish Rules Accordingly
A useful and adaptable technology for protecting the infrastructures of applications is WAF AWS. Additionally, it enables users to set rules based on their requirements and the vulnerabilities they want to stop.
Web traffic filtering
Users of WAF can set their own rules to filter web traffic. It filters information from a web request such as IP addresses, HTTP headers, HTTP bodies, or URI strings.
You can create, review, and alter rules in the Web Application Firewall AWS to restrict unauthorised traffic.
How It Works
Applications are shielded from harmful assaults through the AWS Web Application Firewall. This is a mention of WAF’s AWS work.
- AWS Firewall Manage – It oversees numerous deployments of the AWS Web Application Firewall.
- AWS WAF – Defend deployed programmes against widespread online attacks.
- Create a Policy – With the visual rule builder, you can now create your own rules.
- Block Filter – Block filters defend against attacks using vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Monitor – For tuning rules, use metrics and log data from Amazon CloudWatch and Amazon Kinesis Firehose to gather information about incoming traffic and requests. Join the best AWS Training In Coimbatore with Career Guidance and Placement Assistance.